Okay, so around November 16th, 2010 I worked for a cellular phone company and it was there that I met the most beautiful woman on the planet. Her name was Mellisa (Missy) Collins. We hit it off and became instant friends. We had nearly everything in common. Her favorite shows were Tosh.0, The Soup and Scrubs. My favorite shows are Tosh.0, The Soup and Scrubs. Her favorite character was Dr. Cox, as was mine. We ate lunch everyday with her cooking me food before coming to work. It was amazing and wonderful, but it was darkened by the fact that I knew I wouldn’t be working there for very long.
On my final day there with Missy, I didn’t tell her I was leaving, but I believe that she knew it anyway. Before we went home, her to her apartment, and me to my house, she slipped me a piece of paper. I read it when I got home and it turned out to be a list of quotes. I was at first angry, because I expected a number or at least an E-mail address. But now I am okay with it and have decided to share them with you.
November 19th, 2010:
- Create the kind of self you will be happy to love with all your life. -Golda Meir
- Those who don’t know how to weep with their whole heart, don’t know how to laugh either. -Golda Meir
- Art of the conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. -Dorothy Nevill
- A slip of the foot you may recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over. -Ben Franklin
- Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. -Helen Keller
- A great man is always willing to be little. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The hatred that you are carrying is a live coal in your heart, far more damaging to yourself than to them. -Lawana Blackwell
- Common sense is seeing things as they are and doing things as they ought to be. -Hamet Beecher Stowe
- Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -Hamet Beecher Stowe
- An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind. -Mohandas Ghandi
- The most profound statements are often said in silence. -Lynn Johnston
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you mad them feel. -Maya Angelou
- You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was. -Irish Proverb
- Once a woman has forgiven a man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast. -Marlene Dietrich
- Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. -Margaret Mitchell
- Don’t throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds water. -Swedish Proverb
- It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways you yourself have altered.
This is how she said goodbye to me and I think it’s awesome. My favorites are number 9 and number12. They are the best I think.